Something has to be done, for us with a huge disadvantage..
  • 31 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
OXEN wrote:
Srry to bother u guys again, I do as instructed by going in to Account Info and change Color Blind Settings from No to Yes. but I can't change anything... I mean I can even change my time-code etc :(

yes I have tried refreshing and even changed browaer.. Hmmm

Any suggesions?
Matty wrote:
Try pressing Ctrl F5 like thrice or something (on that page).

Otherwise clear browser cache manually, that should do the trick.
I only tested with firefox.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I have tested it in Chrome and IE. It works but only after a successful full refresh and if that doesn't work, do like Matty said and clear your browser cache.

Alternatively if you are using Chrome on Windows, to get it to do a full refresh do this:

Hit F12 which will bring up the developer tools, then right click on the refresh button and select 'Empty Cache and Hard Reload'

The other browsers are better behaved and CTRL + Shift + F5 should work for IE and CTRL + F5 should work for firefox.
OXEN wrote:
I did all u guys said.. Why , why, :( Nothin...
I even restarted my computer.. Stupid Win 8 I bet it has something to do with it... :S

I can't even change location, age etc... Any other suggestions?

All this far and I can't enjoy it haha! Some1 is laughing at me.. :(
Vexer wrote:
You seem to be the only one with a problem. I'll just turn it on for you.
OXEN wrote:
Thank you Vex! I dont know what it is.. I can't change anything, not that I need to... But I'll figure it out in time! :)
ProfessorO wrote:
Hi Oxen,

I also "suffer" from colour blindness and I whole hardheartedly agree with you... it's frustrating with this game.

I suggest one possible solution (for the game developers) to check out http://colorfilter.wickline.org/
I think it will highlight the colour problems and perhaps the designers could simply change the offending colours?

@ the designers of Dom12 ... Any changes to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Vexer wrote:
Can't change the colors without making it more difficult for non color blind people to tell the difference between them. I think the popup telling you what the color is, is the best solution.
vandelay1899 wrote:
thanks for this added feature!

i'm also color blind and would avoid big games because i couldn't tell the difference between certain colors (basically all the color combinations Oxen listed).
OXEN wrote:
Great stuff man. I have been playing now and it DOES make diffrence! Cheers guys!
Matty wrote:
I have seen a request somewhere (from OXEN I believe) to add an additional hover on the triangles in the player info tab, which is done now.

So now you cannot only see that a specific territory is green and not red, you can also see what player name belongs to it :P
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Duke_Of_Orleans wrote:
Hey guys, would it be possible to slightly modify the card colors? If one of them were a bit lighter, I could tell them apart, but as it is, I can't see the difference between red and green at all.
elysium5 wrote:
Duke_Of_Orleans, this post is in this thread:

http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&act=view&id=1503&page=1#post-20449

It tells you how to change the settings so you can tell your cards apart:)
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
Matty wrote:
That gives a description for the territories and players, but not for the cards.

I'll make green a bit lighter, tell me if it helps.

(Dont't forget: Ctrl-F5 or refreshyourcache.com ).
aeronautic wrote:
I think that would help Matty, I always have trouble distinguishing Green from Black, only because it is so dark (for the Card name only).
Just tested it, that is much better, thank you.
Of course we still need the colour blind people to check it.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.