Double elimination knockout
  • 57 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
The_Bishop wrote:
The_Bishop
@elysium
@begold

I'm reading both messages now, maybe you were Sergeant Major few hours ago, but right now I see Commands.
Record: begold has donated 750 tok

Uhm sorry, I'm a bit busy/tired.
I forgot I had already added Elysium yesterday when he was Sergeant Major.
And I see Begold is Sergeant Major too, right now.

Welcome @begold, thanks for your donation! ;)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
anuorre wrote:
@bishop if I do get the rank, will you be able to exempt the domination games requirement? :) i haven't played that many cause i always run out of tokens to buy the game setting (played a few in tourneys) but I have a decent record (1 win in 3 games)
The_Bishop wrote:
Uhm, no sorry, you must have played at least 20 Domination games.
elysium5 wrote:
The_Bishop
The_Bishop
@elysium
@begold

I'm reading both messages now, maybe you were Sergeant Major few hours ago, but right now I see Commands.
Record: begold has donated 750 tok

Uhm sorry, I'm a bit busy/tired.
I forgot I had already added Elysium yesterday when he was Sergeant Major.
And I see Begold is Sergeant Major too, right now.

Welcome @begold, thanks for your donation! ;)

I understand and you can do whatever you like with the requirements and entrants. I am in over 60 long term games right now so my rank is going to fluctuate. I will likely meet the requirements by the time the tournament starts but I can't guarantee it. The problem is that I do not my games with settings that give me an advantage and I still play games that can cause my rank to fluctuate, such as live 2 player games(which work well for your other requirements in other tournaments, and games with players where I do not consider blocking players with lower ranks or players who are not always that good and make mistakes).

Ultimately, it is your tournament and your choice as to who you let participate.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
elysium5 wrote:
As of my last post, I took one turn, won the game and I again meet the requirements, but like I said, that will likely fluctuate before the tournament begins.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
elysium5 wrote:
I would like to add, don't get me wrong in my comments.

I respect the decision to make certain requirements and I also respect the decision to hold players responsible to hold those requirements.

I have no issue with them.

I do think it is important to hold players to certain requirements if you so choose in order to maintain the integrity of games played and keep others out who do not possess the requirements to participate in games. Not only those played on a regular basis but also those required to play in special tournaments where the organizer put so much effort in to organizing them in the first place.

These are great tournaments and should be subject to restrictions in order to make sure that the players involved actually conform to the site guidelines in order to play a fair, fun, competitive and family friendly environment that we encourage on the site.
elysium5 is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
Exactly, I agree, thanks Elysium.

Sorry I have never specified that the requirements have to be matched at the moment one subscribes the tournament. If then one's rank and scores drop for some reason it is not important anymore.
elysium5 wrote:
The_Bishop
Exactly, I agree, thanks Elysium.

Sorry I have never specified that the requirements have to be matched at the moment one subscribes the tournament. If then one's rank and scores drop for some reason it is not important anymore.
Or it could be important as well, depending on the reasons. One way or the other, it is up to you;)
elysium5 is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
@elysium5, I think this way is the easier of the two, because I have to check the player stats only once and because I have not to refuse someone at the last moment, when we are almost ready to go!
Intensive players like you are quite fluctuating. If I didn't believe you were Sergeant Major you could have sent me a screenshot as a proof, in theory... Actually, in reality, I had simply forgot to have already checked your rank the day before, so no issue.
The_Bishop wrote:
Maybe it's a bit off topic, but, what happened with @DreamStreet?
Could be back or he's gone forever?
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay, I was informed that DreamStreet will not be back anytime soon.

So only 7 seats are taken ATM and 9 are still free to take.
The_Bishop wrote:
Ehm, sorry you need to buy a Sergeant Major rank if you want to join this tournament