• 364 posts
  • Page 12 of 25
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
@PippoCalogero :I am not the one who determines who will play first and who will play second
I just create games and add players manually,
It's all random
 as when you create a game yourself
Do you think it is impossible to play second in your 1vs 1 game creation ten times in a row
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
PippoCalogero wrote:
I am sure that this is not intentional and I known very well the role of luck in this game. However, the problem remains.
I understand that it is not possible to control the rolls of the dice in a game in order to obtain fair results. But with respect to the problem that I raised maybe the solution is not too difficult. I have never organized a tournament and perhaps what I propose is too complicated, but in these situations I would delete the third game and create another one, till the problem is solved.
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:

I want to believe you're just kidding now :)
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
no pippo, I just don't think you're serious, green, here's the link, you need to be eliminated twice to finish the competition.
here is the tournament link you can see here....
https://challonge.com/5yze34yh
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
In that case if you are really serious about it
then "random" loses all meaning. Do you accept that out of three games you play second twice, and only once as the first. That way all your opponents are in the lead. I understand how you feel because you played all three games as the second
But wait, maybe in the next two rounds you'll play everything first, please understand the random creation, I'm not a scientist nor did I invent the algorithm
things are as they are and so it has always been, in any case this is more of a fair option than your suggestion, for God's sake how many times have you just created a game and played 5, 6.7, or more times as a second, after all, forum is so big and there is room to make a thread on this topic, so you will see what other players think about it, for my understanding of this there is no better solution that has been implemented since the time the site exists, who am I to change the postulate.
Hoodlum wrote:
PippoCalogero
it's randomized and you'd have to use the suggestions feedback for any ideas where this could be useful for 1v1 tournaments. maybe you will get the attention of a programmer. it might be an easy thing to implement. it's possible to do it manually. but it's a pain trying to cancel and re-create games to make it so. especially after creating 100's of games. aint no body got time for that. so, you'll just have to understand the reply from Blagoje_Jovovic point of view.

thanks for setting up the tournaments Blagoje_Jovovic

i understand the many of hours (volunteered) that you have put into these, and know that some people might not understand this and still have issues about randomness or colours given, or who their opponent is etc.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
periwinkle wrote:
Blagoje_Jovovic
no pippo, I just don't think you're serious, green, here's the link, you need to be eliminated twice to finish the competition.
here is the tournament link you can see here....
https://challonge.com/5yze34yh

thank you for the chart!
DreamStreet wrote:
I believe that going first in a 1v1 is not as big of an advantage as one might think. Maybe it is if you are playing a huge map like World Expanded or Texas, but so far for the tournament, we are not playing huge maps like that. I won first round and second round 2-1 and I went second in two games both rounds and first in only one. Still managed to pull off the win. When it comes to 1v1 games, strategies always depend on the setups and who goes first. My suggestion is that if you go second and the first player gained a big advantage first turn, try to reinforce and fortify and leave bigger numbers of troops on some territories. Those are always more prone to the other player getting bad dice if he tries to attack those.
PippoCalogero wrote:
Thanks Hoodlum, I understand. As I wrote above, I have never organized a tournament and so I did not know if what I proposed is difficult to implement or not. And obviously I appreciate the organizing effort of anyone.
I will try the suggestions feedback. I'm not asking petty changes (like to choose my color) or something too difficult to implement like a neutral disposition of the starting territories. With more players is not so crucial, but we know very well that in a 1vs1 match the starting order is really important, and with the current implementation someone could start 6 times in second position (see for example TP). It is simply not fair. Ideally, in the first series of matches you should start 2 times in first position and once in second, and viceversa in the second series.