rule of rank
  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
thaithai wrote:
i see detail a rank .we need enough tokens and skill to get next rank.i don't understand current skill.current skill=tally above+tally below.LOL i need lose much to up rank.it is easy to lose to get Command Sergeant.
4myGod wrote:
Above - People you have won against more times then you have lost, and now you have tally points against them.

Below - People you have lost against more times then you have won, and now they have tally points against you

1. First thing the rank calculator does is check which players you are above.

2. Then it finds which players they (the people you are above) are above.

3. Then it calculates how many tallys they (the people you are above) have against the people they are above.

4. Then it calculates how many tallys the people they (the people you are above) are below have against them (the people you are above).

5. Then it divides the tallys they (the people you are above) have against the people they are above by the tallys people they are below have against them

eg. They have 200 tallys against people they are above. They have 20 tallys from people they are below. So 200 divided by 20 = 10. So each tally from people they are below is worth 10 skill points to the person they are below. So if you have 10 of those 20 tallys against them, you will get 100 skill points

It calculates this for every person.

So the idea is to have many tallys against players who have many tallys against other players. You see?

It's confusing and hard to explain, but the reason it's this way is so that it really tests skill, so if you win many times against a new player or a bad player you don't gain anything from it. You only go up in skill by winning against good players. If you win against a new player though who becomes good, you later will gain by having a tally against him.

The tally points don't go away, but the skill points get reset every time it recalculates, which is once an hour.
thaithai wrote:
what happen when tally above=random and tally=0;random/0 ?.
with this rule when we have high tally below .it is not influence skill.we join game with difference people to high tally above and high tally below
so i will not join game have regenandt rick 4mygod ...
4myGod wrote:
I don't quite know what you mean. But yeah, if you have a high tally below it doesn't do anything to your skill, but those who win against you won't get many skill points from you because they have to share it with every other tally other players have against you.

When I find a good way of explaining this in English I will then translate it to Thai for you and other languages.

The point is, if you want to build your rank, you need to join against good players and win. So you want to play against rgen because if you win against him you get more skill. If you play against someone who always loses you won't get any rank for winning.
thaithai wrote:
this is my standing
thaithai  is Beating  ETMAH_AMJ  5  7 
thaithai is Beating arclight17 4 8
thaithai is Beating lionheart 3 21
thaithai is Beating palmtree 3 3
thaithai is Beating 4myGod 2 2
thaithai is Beating mibi 1 1
wespre is Beating thaithai 1 1
al_aneed99 is Beating thaithai 1 1
Hugs is Beating thaithai 4 30
rgenandt is Beating thaithai 4 68
rick is Beating thaithai 5 19
if i win rgenandt i won't get skill.
win 4myGod will increasing my skill. LOL

only spam
thaithai wrote:
4mygod get many points from hugs ,sfhbballnut .the.se members leave us.so his skill get from them which is steady.then he always command sergeant although he lose very much and losing more.his below totals is very high ,it is about 20.if he lose more 100 game ,he still command sergeant.it is unfair.i think who lose game will lose point.
i give a idea
lose_point=0.5*lose_game.
this is more fair
4myGod wrote:
lol, I am only a command sergeant. I have 98 skill points. You won against me right? And you have more right? rgen won against me, and he has more? So the people who are better than me, they are above me in ranks right?

Emmdizzle would be too if he had enough tokens. So technically, the site is doing exactly what it's suppose to. The players I won against I am above in rank, and the ones who are better than me are above me, if they have enough tokens.
thaithai wrote:
but u lose too much now u have 98 skill point.but if u lose 1000 game .ur point still 98 because u get many form points from hugs,sfhbballnut,wca.they have left us.so noone can decrease ur point.u all alway is command sergeant
my point is 177.if i lose 2 or 3 game my point will below 100.
do u think it is unfair?
4myGod wrote:
Perhaps we can do something so that later when people are gone for more than a month then they don't get calculated.
thaithai wrote:
omg now my point is 201.it increasing everyday and very fast.although i don't have any win more.i can't control it.it like a bubbles.i fear it will collapse then maybe my point is below 100.i want hold it steady.please help me hold it.
after all i think there is a hole in formula of rank
4myGod wrote:
lol, you don't get points for the # of people you win against... you get points for the # of people THEY win against.

So let's say Tom is above 2 people, and you are above Tom... you get 2 points. If you and someone else are above Tom, then you each get 1 point.

So your points go up because the people you are above are winning against more people.
barack_obama wrote:
When I read the second post by 4myGod, I did not understand, so I copied it into microsoft word and changed the words into this interpretation(If there's a mistake in the interpretation, please reply):
              A>B
1. First thing the rank calculator does is check who is A.

2. Then it finds who is B.

3. Then it calculates how many times A won B.

4. Then it calculates how many times B won A.

5. Then it divides A’s wins over B by B’s wins over A.

eg. A won B 200 times. B won A 20 times. So 200÷20=10. Each time B wins A, it gets 10 points. So if B has 10 of those 20 tallies against A, B will get 100 skill points

This is how the skill is calculated.

So the idea is to have many wins against players who have many wins against other players. You see?

It's confusing and hard to explain, but the reason it's this way is so that it really tests skill, so if you win many times against a new player or a bad player you don't gain anything from it. You only go up in skill by winning against good players. If you win against a new player though who becomes good, you later will gain by having a tally against him.

The tally points don't go away, but the skill points get reset every time it recalculates, which is once an hour.
4myGod wrote:
I'm glad you gave it some thought barack. It's not quite as you say, but that's probably because I wasn't able to explain it properly.

Let's say you have 3 players: A, B, and C.

A wins against B.

So A is above B by 1 tally point.

B wins against C.

So B is above C by 1 tally point.

Here is what skill points they will have:

A will have 1 skill point
B will have 0
C will have 0

Now C wins against B.

So B and C are tied, no one is above.

Now A will have 0 skill points.

You only get skill points for the above tally's the people you are above have. That's very difficult to explain. It's like a pyramid scheme. You don't get any tally's for your wins. You get tally's for the wins of the people you are above.
thaithai wrote:
to 4mygod:u see my point is very high so i understand the formula.i only spam with my old spam and show my points.LOL.
let see.now it is 237 .it increasing too fast.maybe i lose it soon