Not a good combination
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
maafi wrote:
I was wondering whether it would be wise to prevent a chat-banned player from joining a team game. If that's not possible, I'd suggest that those players who have been banned from communicating are clearly highlighted as such on their profile pages and on the members list, so that a game host may choose not to invite them.
Thoughts?

Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Maybe they could be allowed team chat only, or if worst comes to worst, communicate via PM.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
PM is the way we had to do it in team games before the new team options were introduced.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
maafi wrote:
What if they are banned from private messaging as well as chat?
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
aeronautic wrote:
I'm not sure if a chat banned player is banned from PM, I thought only Locked accounts were banned from PM apart from to Mods & Admins?!?

Perhaps the programmers could shed some light on this first?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
elysium5 wrote:
There are several privileges that can be revoked from players depending on the types of rules violations that may necessitate such an action.

aeronautic, in answer to your questions, a chat banned player can still PM but if a player has a full communication ban on their account, they can only PM a moderator or administrator. A locked account can PM a moderator or administrator. A banned account is not permitted to communicate with anyone.

maffi, to add my 2 cents to the topic in question, I like the idea of some sort of restrictions like that or reg flags of some sort for unsuspecting players.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
My main objection is that someone might want to invite his best friend (who happends to have a communication ban) to his game and they can communicate in real life or something. Should we forbid that?

Better (IMO) would be to make some options (for premium members):

People can't join this game if:
- they have an attandance score below X
- they have a fairplay score below Y
- they have a chat score below Z
- they have a chat/comm ban

Of course, the problem with this is that if you join a game from someone else you may very well end up playing with someone that has a horrible attandance score etc.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria