map creation
  • 56 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
The_Bishop wrote:
The look of the map is surely appealing, it is "graphically enjoyable" to play on it.
4p is funny and dynamic, 6p and 8p I cannot tell anything yet.

Virtuosity98
Thematically speaking, I still think it would be better with a change. Just the title really, I don't think it makes sense.
New Zealand Expanded ??
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
World of Zealand? a fantasy planet...oh look there's NZ right there..
Something to do with the 8 symbols, like game of thrones?
Sonething to remind us of 2020 lockdown era when we had lots of new players?

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
I think it would be funny if to start there are no region bonuses. Then after every turn a territory shades a different color. If you own X of one color it is a region and you get extra, etc. So like a dynamically morphing experience.

Own 2 of one color = +1
Own 4 of one color = +2
aeronautic wrote:
We have discussed this many years ago, but while it is easy to do graphically and would be great to have such dynamic features, it requires unique programming for just this map and that doesn't work with D12's current game program.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
I think the 4p Domination capped 40 was really funny but it finished too quickly, may we have one more please Hoodlum?? :)
Perhaps good Domination players should be invited in the game, such as: Maafi, Slack and... Simomosi also probably.
Hoodlum wrote:
do you have a link to the 4p Domination capped 40 game? i don't remember that one

*just to make sure i return points/cancel the test games
Hoodlum wrote:
ah thanks. couldn't find it cause i wasn't in it :) - no to capped games for me!

here's your new test game. https://dominating12.com/game/1027931
Hoodlum wrote:
what if the map had a name based around the heraldry theme it has, rather than a fantasy world name or futuristic earth. the names i had input for the regions were according to what i was thinking at the time about the symbols or alternate futuristic earth areas + other like words for kingdoms

current region names (click to show)

*maybe regular tournaments of the map with the prize being a kingdom named after you. eg: Hoodlum Nation
it would show up on the game log anyway, i think players would get a buzz outta that. a region name can represent the most recent 8 winners of the map tournament.

anyway, here's a thought about the map name according to that idea.

Spoiler (click to show)

aeronautic wrote:
I like looking at this map, it's so aesthetic.
For me, I'd like to see the map complete and not open for players names, we have a map which does that in replacement of the old Realm of D12 Players.
I like the new title and now that it's just a fictional map and not a Future Earth map, the old title is redundant.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
aeronautic
I like looking at this map, it's so aesthetic.
For me, I'd like to see the map complete and not open for players names, we have a map which does that in replacement of the old Realm of D12 Players.
I like the new title and now that it's just a fictional map and not a Future Earth map, the old title is redundant.

yeah, i agree, it's a pain to keep updating graphically lol. i just meant the region names which is only viewable in the game log. but that's if anyone cared about that idea :)
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Map looks great and plays great, great work Hoodlum! 
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
The_Bishop wrote:
I second ProblemChild's opinion in full, :)
ProblemChild96
Map looks great and plays great, great work Hoodlum! 

cannot understand the new name though, it seems like an insurance name, or maybe that's the sponsor of some rugby club?
I read Hoodlum's explanation but I liked "Zealand World" much more, honestly.
It's just (if you want) the fancy realm where New Zealand falls everytime that gets forgotten from a world map... May it be.
I would avoid players' names also, we already got them in World Inverted map, and it is not filled yet.

Just my 2 cents.
ProblemChild96 wrote:
I dont see any problem with just calling it 8 kingdoms
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
elysium5 wrote:
I like the idea of having players names on maps. It gives a chance for players to show off their skill without having to maintain a high rank all the time. Good incentive for players to show off an accomplishment, like a trophy or award.

I know we already have one map that is not full yet but hey, why not have more than one platform to try and specialize in? Different map, different criteria to get your name on it, etc.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."