map creation
  • 56 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
elysium5 wrote:
I know we used to have another map that had players names on it before. Realm of Honored Players.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, let's say regions named after a player who has won a tournament can be a cool idea in the end.

I like "8 Kingdoms" better than "Allegiance" for sure, but there is an inconsistence with region names: only one of them is actually called "kingdom", the others being: "alliance", "federation", "dominion"... and so on.

Hoodlum
current region names (click to show)

*maybe regular tournaments of the map with the prize being a kingdom named after you. eg: Hoodlum Nation
it would show up on the game log anyway, i think players would get a buzz outta that. a region name can represent the most recent 8 winners of the map tournament.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
i actually considered 8 kingdoms, but i also had a 9 kingdoms project.

but if we went for 8 Kingdoms, it's easy enough to change the region names in the cart panel. the current ones are just temporary,
im not too sure i like Allegiance now since u said it sounds like a company, cause now i think so too.

today I like Guild Wars/ Guild World / World of Guilds :)

Spoiler (click to show)

*edit - maybe not

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Zealandia?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
Virtuosity98
Zealandia?

yeah, i like that actually. i've come across a few articles about it in recent years.
here's more info

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Oh I didn't realise Zealandia was a real name... Maybe it shouldn't be used because this isn't actually a map of Zealandia... I don't know :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
Axobongo via pvt message.
Zealandia
Ha,, this is a fine name! lol.
have you thought to add the date?  20,200 A.D. ? there is something very cool about that original idea.
so far, it seems a good map, epic complexity of thought demanded. i like that.
---
i had thought of adding AD 20200 -have added it in
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep, it's a nice name for me. Thanks Axo.

I won't make a war for just a digit, but also 202,020 AD -- as suggested by Aero -- was nice.
But I don't know, maybe Axobongo has a specific reason to prefer 20,200 AD.
The_Bishop wrote:
I've just realized that as it is now it's only a date, not being part of the map-name, but probably it should be: the same has applied to historical maps: Africa 1890, Europe 1814, ... Zealandia 20200.

[Brécourt Manor and WWII could have the date too, but it is not really needed because they are in fact names of (or reffering to) historical events.]

Hoodlum wrote:
zealandia is a proposed name given (since the 1990's) to the drowned microcontinent that supposedly exists around new zealand some 150 million years ago.
Today, 94 per cent of Zealandia lies underwater – if we drained the oceans, we could see it unfurling some 4.9 million sq km across the South Pacific. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12341767
i'm imagining this map to be a futuristic southern hemisphere of earth, where exists is a collective of nations called zealandia shaped through the antarctica melt and tectonic shifts that created new sea lands that emerged from a once submerged continent. :) i dunno lol
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:

nice map when it can be played
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
take a look at another wonderful map. all the best for the guys for the hard work.
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
aeronautic wrote:
I still feel it's too near in the future to have had so much land movement, but want to keep it on the 2020 theme, mainly because this year is going to go down in world history alongside other very memorable years that affected most of the world's population.

I suggest changing the title to Zealandia 202020.
I am happy then for the map to go live.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.